Yes. We know it’s a bit odd that we decided to change an event that we have successfully hosted for the past five years. But the truth is, we’ve always wanted to be less restrictive around how many guests we could accommodate at our biggest celebration of the year. We have always wanted to have a more inclusive event, one that brings our entire community together and that didn’t feel like the typical sit down dinner.
What would the world look like if creative, passionate, changemaking entrepreneurs were activated to their fullest potential? We’re betting that it will look like RISE to Expand Opportunity.
So without any further ado, here are five really great reasons to RISE to Expand Opportunity with us:
- Food, Food and more Food. Over the past year, Midnight Market–spearheaded by one of our entrepreneurs Lisi Vasquez and her best friend Perla Nieves–has evolved into a foodie nightlife event that brings together thousands of NJ residents to sample tasty bites from local food vendors. We tasked Lisi and Perla with curating a Midnight Market experience for our guests that includes some of our Rising Tide Entrepreneurs, and they did not disappoint. For a flat cover charge, our guests will have a chance to sample a wide variety of delicious bites sure to tempt every palate.
- Open Bar. Yes, you read that right. When we said this was a celebration we weren’t kidding! At this event, every guest over 21 will have access to beer and wine from 6:30 to 10 PM.
- A REALLY Awesome DJ. We at RTC are so proud to partner with Jasmine Solano.a woman who is a force to be reckoned with in a male dominated field. An entrepreneur and socially conscious entertainer who cares deeply about communities and women’s issues, we can’t think of someone else we would want to provide the soundtrack to our celebration.
- New, easily accessible location. We needed a location that could comfortably accommodate more than 300 guests, that also was close enough to parking and multiple forms of public transit. Our partners at Mack Cali literally rose to the occasion and donated the Harborside Atrium. Conveniently located within walking distance of the Exchange Place PATH Plaza, across the street from the Hudson Bergen Light Rail, and even a stop on the NY Waterway Ferry, the Atrium is bright, beautiful, offers amazing views of New York City. It also gives us the opportunity to create a one-of-a-kind, community celebration of our mission.
- Meaningmaking while Merrymaking. We want people to have fun at this event, but at the heart of our celebration is the reason we are celebrating–our mission to transform communities by empowering entrepreneurs. We will recognize the accomplishments of the finalists and winners of The 2017 Start Something Challenge, and award their prizes. And as always, from video, to photography to entertainment in the form of Caricatures by Akbar or Guerilla Haiku, we are working with a number of graduates of The Community Business Academy to create a memorable experience for our community.
We believe that our strength as an organization is truly in the community that supports our work, so this year we leveraged our community to create an event that is truly celebration of our mission. We want to celebrate with you on November 2, so get your tickets early before they are all sold out!